- What made you want to go into the field that you are currently in?
I have always wanted a job where I was of service to others, but I didn’t know how to channel that into a career until I took an introduction to Psychology course in high school, looking at mental conditions, what causes it and different ways to treat them. I love the idea of helping others with mental health and mental illness and helping them recover.
- What are your hobbies?
Travelling, listening to music, exercise.
- What’s the best advice that you were ever given?
Be kind to people, treat people as you like to be treated, or you know, competency is more important than talent.
- What energizes you outside of work?
Usually I try to do what I encourage my clients to do in their spare time. I try to exercise at least once a day, get outside, get some form of social interaction with friends.
- What’s your favourite escape/holiday?
Um, maybe it’s a road trip or the beach!
- What motivates you at work?
Actually you know, I believe that I have worked in many diverse situations that have honed my skills to their best, but got sharp enough only because I’ve spent lots of time taking challenges and pressure-points in my career, but these challenges are the things that motivate me and help me no matter how complex it gets.
- How would your friends describe you?
Ah, I think my best friend would describe me as honest, hard-working, very organized. She would say that I’m very responsible, warm, friendly, and understanding.
- Do you have a favourite sports team?
Haha no, I don’t follow sport. Maybe when I was younger, but not anymore.
- What three items would you take with you to a deserted island?
Haha, maybe anything for drinking and cooking because, you know, for survival!
- If you could choose a superpower, what would it be and why?
I don’t know, but I’m thinking maybe telepathy, you know, like reading minds and knowing what others are thinking.
To view Atefeh’s profile and book an appointment with her, click here.